Materi Pemelajaran : Personal Pronouns
Kompetensi Dasar 1.1 : Memahami ungkapan dasar pada interaksi sosial untuk kepentingan kehidupan
TASK 1. Refresh your mind and remember again the use of personal pronouns.
A. Possessive adjective
൧. Is this your classroom?
൨. Is your teacher sitting at her own chair now?
B. Possessive Pronoun
൧. My classroom is on the first floor, where is yours?
൨. That is your motorcycle, Do you see mine?
C. Reflexive Pronoun
൧. Do you do your homework by yourself?
൨. Can the headmaster drive the car by himself?
൩. I myself do the exercise?
TASK 2. Breaking the ice
Direction: (ROUND CLASS) Walk around the class, ask the following questions to each of your friends. Give the answer by using pronouns based on your experiences.
1. Who cooks your breakfast?
2. Who washes the clothes?
3. Who wakes you up in the morning?
4. Who teaches you the English language?
5. Who teaches you computer?
6. Who always speaks English with you?
7. Who always orders you food at school?
8. Who always treats you meatball?
9. Who never speaks English in your classroom?
10. Who can sing English song in your classroom?
TASK 3. Grammar
Direction: (PAIRWORK) Discuss with your partner then circle the correct pronoun in the bracket.
1. It is Jonathan’s paper. Please give it to (she / her / him).
2. I’m sorry Laura. I can’t help you type the letter, you have to do it by (yourself, you, your).
3. Tell Joana to meet me here. And don’t forget to bring ( she / me / hers) homework.
4. (We / Our / Us ) uncle is coming here. He wants to see the principal.
5. It is important for all of us to be honest with (ourselves, our, we).
6. Mala is very beautiful. (She / her / hers ) hair is long. (she / her / hers) is also very friendly to (our/ us / ours).
Direction: (HOMEWORK) Complete the dialogues with the correct pronouns. (Look Task 1).
Wahyu : Hello, ……am Wahyu Zulkiram. My nick name is Wahyu. I am from Bengkulu.
Sintya : Is that really ……….? I thought it’s steven’s
3. Student : Please forgive ……….. because I didn’t do my homework.
Teacher : Well, it’s all right. Write the exercise number one on the whiteboard.
4. Employer : I usually type …………letters in full block style.
Secretary : That’s fine as long as you can type well.
5. New Student: My I introduce…………?
Teacher : Yes, please.
6. Man : We are very happy you have accepted …… apology.
Woman : It’s all right. Please don’t do it again
TASK 5. Choose the right pronouns to complete the correct sentence.
1. The computer is still hot. Don’t touch …………
2. ………sometimes goes to
3. Please take the food and give …… to the dog.
4. Juanda bought four tickets of Laskar Pelangi but he forgot to put……… in his pocket.
5. I talked to Siska and Glenn. I told ……. about a surprise birthday party for Mrs. Nurhayati.
6. When everybody forget Mike’s birthday, Rossa decided to give ……. a birthday present.
7. Steve invited ………to go to the basketball game with him.
8. You may think Susan is telling the truth, but I ……don’t believe him.
9. Betty and ………had dinner with my family last night.
10. Siti Molek is from Padang Sidempuan but …..lives in Depok.
( this is the end of the exercie.